The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center is a federally qualified community health center which exists to provide patient-centered primary health care services to the medically underserved residents of the greater Savannah-Chatham County, Georgia community. The Health Center makes comprehensive primary care, integrated behavioral health care, oral health care, and inpatient respite care services available to all persons, including the homeless and low-income uninsured and underinsured, regardless of ability to pay. The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center excels in the provision of compassionate care and promotes healing through healthy living. Our team of highly skilled providers partners with patients in need to enable them to achieve and maintain optimal health and wellness across their life cycle.
The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center is seeking to add two part-time Patient Support Staff to our team. The Patient Support Staff functions as an active member of the agency team, by providing for the safety of the Respite patients after normal Health Center hours and on weekends and assisting with other clinic needs as necessary.
1 position is 3 days (MTW) 11 p.m. to 7:00 a.m and 1 position is 2 days(THF) 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent, and
- At least one year experience working in social services, customer service, and/or environmental services
- Other comparative combination of education and experience demonstrating the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the described duties
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must posses good judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid Driver’s License
- Perform intakes after hours, as necessary
- Answer telephones and file confidential information
- Provide transportation to and from afternoon support groups, NA, CA, or AA activities
- Provide transportation to scheduled, planned social events
- Secure safety of the building after hours and weekends
- Enforce proper execution of chores, rules, and regulations
- Maintain inventory of housekeeping supplies and submits supply orders in a timely manner
- Responsible for washing, drying and storing of all linens
- Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of all building(s) and will adhere to infection control policies and procedures
- Perform deep cleaning of facility on a regular basis
- Adhere to the infection control policies and procedures
- Report maintenance request in a timely manner
- Coordinate with case management and/or clinical staff to schedule transportation
- Keep accurate records including patients’ names, ID numbers, address, odometer reading, time of service and purpose and destination of trip in transportation log.
- Report transportation statistics in a timely manner
- Conduct periodic maintenance on van including taking vehicle for scheduled maintenance, filling with gas and oil and recording such activities.