An exciting career opportunity exists for an Asset Management Program Manager at Beaufort-Jasper Water and Sewer Authority located in Beaufort, South Carolina. The Asset Management Program Manager administers and manages all activities associated with the Authority’s Asset Management Program (AMP). In this role, you will have the opportunity to build this new program. The activities include developing AMP policy and overall direction for the Authority along with the development and implementation of the Authority’s AMP, and serves as the single focal point for program management activities. Works with all BJWSA departments and consultants to direct and oversee tasks to effectively address infrastructure needs to maintain acceptable levels of service, and the review and implementation of asset management business improvement activities. Reports to the Deputy General Manager, Operations and Technical Services.
BJWSA is a regional water and sewer utility providing services to the southeastern coastal South Carolina counties of Beaufort and Jasper. This region includes the historic City of Beaufort, Town of Bluffton and resort community of Hilton Head Island, and is centrally located between Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA. As part of the South Carolina Low Country, this area exudes traditional southern hospitality and is surrounded by boating, hunting, golfing, fishing, beaches, and great people. BJWSA is part of a community that promotes work/life balance where family and friends are most important.
BJWSA employs approximately 185 employees who are dedicated to our mission to “inspire trust and enhance public health”. We treat and deliver an average of 20 million gallons of drinking water each day to over 55,000 retail customers. We also supply drinking water to wholesale customers who resell or redistribute our water to their residents. Overall, we serve over 150,000 Low Country residents with drinking water. We collect, treat and recycle over 9 million gallons of treated wastewater (for about 37,000 sewer accounts) safely back into the environment daily.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Requires a bachelor degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field.
· Ten (10) years of program management experience in the delivery of asset management programs or related project management experience, including 3 years of supervisory/management experience.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the water/wastewater industry; principles & practices related to asset management; & the principles & practices of program/project management and associated organizational management systems;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of ESRI GIS. Knowledge of the principles & practices needed for effective use of Decision Support systems i.e. Riva, and Optimization Systems, i.e. SAS, Optimatics or other;
· Possess an awareness of the importance of treating operational data as an asset and the ability to use this data to identify risk to the organization and move BJWSA to a data driven organization.
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Create, prepare & effectively present technical & administrative reports, both orally and in writing;
· Work cooperatively with subordinates, peers, and supervisors in a team-based environment;
· Assess and balance workloads and project assignments;
· Make independent decisions, solve problems, and implement those decisions;
· Ability to coordinate a team, strong leadership & project management skills.
· PMI/PMP certification is preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits:
Starting Salary is $2,619.20 to $4,060.00 bi-wkly (depending on qualifications), plus excellent benefits package to include SC Retirement System, 401k, generous leave programs, medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, an entrenched safety culture, developing wellness initiative, numerous employee recognition forums, extensive talent development opportunities, a flexible work schedule in a collaborative team & family type atmosphere.
How To Apply:
Submit BJWSA application to: HR Dept., 6 Snake Rd, Okatie, SC 29909, or fax 843-548-0112, or email email@example.com. Deadline to apply August 1, 2019. www.bjwsa.org
EEO/AA/M/W/Veterans & individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply