We are looking for an Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs) Operator/Clerk to join our team in our Savannah, GA location.
Why join Noble House? Since 1992, Noble House Home Furnishings has offered its customers quality furniture options and designs. From indoor furnishings for any and every room in a home to large outdoor sofa sets, we continuously update our broad range of products, designing more than 100 new items and styles, both classic and on-trend, on a monthly basis. We can fulfill and ship up to thousands of orders daily. Our business consumers include major box stores like Walmart, Costco and online business customers like Amazon, Wayfair and Overstock. We offer several brands, including Christopher Knight Home, and we’ve recently launched our own retail store, GDF Studio. Noble House keeps ahead of the trends and market, making us a dominant force in the furniture industry.
At Noble House, we are a diverse and global workplace, with employees representing several different nationalities, and we source and build our furniture from both around the world and the United States. While we have been around for 25+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace, and we are looking for talented individuals like you to join our team.
We are currently seeking AGV Operator/Clerk to join our team! An AGV is an automated guided vehicle which moves automatically inside the warehouse and delivers parts, product, pallets, etc. to different locations from the assembly line.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Monitor AGV activities
- Basic troubleshooting, logging and reporting of
- Manual intervention and operation of the AGV’s
- Load position corrections and clean-up of spills
- Maintenance of AGV floor markings/labeling
- Turn on /off AGV for starting.
- Keep a log for error AGV no. and report the logistics assistant manager.
- Timely response to inquiries on status
- Respond to failed jobs
- Must be able to have a 6.30 a.m. start time and be able to work flexible hours between two/ three shifts as needed. Must be available to work weekends when needed.
- Must be able to adapt to changes, and mobilize team on the same to achieve company goals & objectives.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and use of good judgment in stressful situations
- Ability to motivate others with strong conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
- Written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of manufacturing including machine capabilities and efficiencies, etc.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment
- Safety boots and safety vest required at all times
Preferred Requirements (Optional)
- Experience in the furniture industry.
- Familiar with high-volume operation.
- Able to communicate through emails and telephone.
- Forklift experience ( Cherry/Order picker, stand-up and pallet rider)
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for long period of time.
- Able to manually load/unload containers and stack cases.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Team-Oriented Culture - We have a diverse workplace of talented people – sales/marketing, merchandising, e-commerce, retail, and general administrators - who partner to make Noble House a unique and engaging place to work.
Employee Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, and 401k.
Noble House Perks – Employee discounts on Noble House products, monthly lunches, etc.