Our client, a family-owned and operated Trucking business, in Savannah Georgia is seeking a Billing Clerk. In this position, the Billing Clerk will work directly with Upper-Level Management in assisting with basic “billing” needs.
We are looking for someone who has a drive and a desire to assist and watch a company grow! This individual must be a quick learner, ability to accept and adapt to change, maintain a positive attitude, and will to do well.
Essential job functions:
· Reviews accounts payable invoices assign vendor numbers and similar identifying data, and confirms correct accounting codes were used.
· Enters vendor information into software; verifies invoice information is entered correctly.
· Processes routine monthly payments as approved.
· Answers vendor questions by researching accounts.
· Prepares monthly inventory control reports.
· Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
· Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
· Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
· 1+ year experience in an “accounting function”
· Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
· Effective problem-solving skills
· Effective decision-making skills
· Proficient with Microsoft products and QuickBooks
· Strong organizational skills for efficient office control
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.