Our client, a family-owned and operated logistics business, in Savannah Georgia is seeking a Billing Clerk. In this position, the Billing Clerk will work directly with Upper-Level Management in assisting with basic accounting needs.
We are looking for someone who has a drive and a desire to assist and watch a company grow! This individual must be a quick learner, ability to accept and adapt to change, maintain a positive attitude, and will to do well.
Essential job functions:
- Reviews accounts payable invoices, assigns vendor numbers and similar identifying data, and confirms correct accounting codes were used.
- Enters vendor information into software; verifies invoice information is entered correctly.
- Processes routine monthly payments as approved.
- Answers vendor questions by researching accounts.
- Prepares monthly inventory control reports.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Proficient with Microsoft products and QuickBooks
- 1+ year experience in an accounting function
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Effective decision-making skills
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.