If you are a business serviced focused professional, who believes and understands the importance of a local bank and the relationships you build. Please read on.
A local bank, with the “Big Bank” technology is seeking a Business Development Officer in beautiful downtown Savannah. This is an opportunity for the ideal candidate to enhance and form meaningful business relationships with his or her clients and the ability to guide with ALL their financial needs.
We are looking for a Business Development Officer with a consultative sales process that includes analyzing cash flow and operations structuring client-specific cash management solutions and formulating sales and presentation strategies to schedule and increase fee income.
1.Maintain an effective, active and volume-driven calling effort to develop new business with existing and prospective clients
2. Advise client/prospect on cash management, product selection and account structuring
3. Proactively cross sell and refer all appropriate Bank products and services such as Deposit, Merchant, Business Banking and Personal Banking services
4. Partner with BSM for referrals and cross sell all bank products to existing and new mortgage customers
5. Partner with marketing to formulate client-specific marketing strategies for assigned territory
6. Grow new deposit/loan relationships within the market
1. Involvement in activities within the assigned territory to help increase new business opportunities and be a strong community partner
2. Respond to requests for proposals, formulating strategies necessary to win bids and achieve targeted risk adjusted returns on the relationship in partnership with the Market President
3. Prepare and present professionally written and well-articulated proposals, recommending products and services that would be of value to the prospective client/prospect
4. Other client contact responsibilities as needed within the assigned territory
Sales and Follow Up:
1. Maintain a scheduled calling program for existing clients to ensure high quality servicing and identify additional needs to enhance relationships
2. Make cold calls individually or jointly with other Partners, Relationship Managers, Senior or Executive Management as needed
3. Maintain documentation of sales process to ensure complete sales coverage of the assigned territory and monitor/report progress in achieving sales and performance goals.
Minimum of 2 years of directly applicable experience including direct customer contact; Knowledge of cash management and electronic banking systems
Sales and Marketing experience.