A privately-owned self-insured company that offers first-class salary and superior benefits in Savannah Georgia is seeking a CSR. The Customer Service Representative I (CSR I) accepts and carries out purchase orders of commodity and specialty chemicals, while communicating with multiple internal departments and external contacts to fulfill requested orders in a timely manner. The CSR operates in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is a must, and the understanding of priorities of the workload is critical. This position requires a well-organized, detail-oriented person who will perform a broad range of simultaneous duties in a progressive workplace.
· Communicate directly with customers and suppliers, and carriers via telephone and/or email.
· Receive and/or appropriately direct incoming calls from current/potential customers, carriers, suppliers, etc.
· Process and maintain orders throughout entire progression - from receipt of order to delivery/conclusion, including payment invoicing, maintaining order forms and related order documents.
· Follow up on all customer interactions in a timely manner and organize workflow and multi-tasking to meet the customers timeframes.
· Communicate and coordinate with multiple internal departments (i.e. Sales, Operations, Purchasing, etc).
· Set up new customer accounts, assist with customer verification, and maintain files and databases.
· Operate as administrative support to Sales Team and assist with various inquiries.
· High School Diploma or GED is required.
· College degree is preferred.
· 2 years minimum experience in a Customer Service and Data Entry Role, or equivalent experience is preferred.
· Familiarity with the chemical or transportation industries is preferred.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.