Our client, a prominent Plastic Surgeons’ Office in Savannah Georgia, is seeking a Certified Professional Coder. As an essential part of the team, the CPC is responsible for entering and coding patient services into the computer system and generating invoices to be sent to the patients. The new team member will also sort and file paperwork, handles insurance claims, and performs collections duties.
- Translate patient information and into alphanumeric medical code.
- Collect, post, and manage patient account payments.
- Submit claims to insurance.
- Prepare and review patient statements.
- Review delinquent accounts and call for collection purposes.
- Process payments from insurance companies.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Code patient services and enter into computer.
- Sort and file paperwork.
- Ensure healthcare facilities are reimbursed for all procedures.
- Handle information about patient treatment, diagnosis, and related procedures to ensure proper coding.
- Use computers to read and organized charts.
- Follow up to see if a claim is accepted or denied.
- Investigate rejected claim to see why denial was issued.
- Investigate insurance fraud and report if found.
· Certified Professional Coder, or Certified Coding Specialist
· Minimum 2+ years experience.
· Knowledge of federal regulations and third-party payer requirements to perform audits
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to multi-task
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.