Our client, a prominent Plastic Surgeons’ Office in Savannah Georgia, is seeking Surgical Technologist. As an essential part of the team, the CST is responsible to scrub for, and assist, in surgical procedures, and to provide the necessary instrumentation, equipment and supplies for the surgical procedure. The CST will perform instrumentation and equipment decontamination/ sterilization functions. All responsibilities are expected to be performed in accordance with the Company's Policies and Procedures.
This practice offers competitive pay with the opportunity to develop professionally.
· Secure and prepare all supplies required for surgical intervention
· Ensure the preparation and maintenance of the sterile field in OR
· Perform instrument counts prior to each procedure
· Prepare patient skin for surgical treatment
· Position and re-position patient during surgery
· Help monitor patients during surgery
· Provide supportive care during the pre-operative phase
· Perform scrub functions
· Collect and label specimens taken during surgical procedure
· Follow all federal, state and departmental safety procedures
· Maintains Patient confidentiality
· CST is responsible for complete and thorough performance of assigned tasks, addressing specific needs of adolescent, and adult and geriatric patients as necessary.
· 1 year in an operating room setting (preferred)
· Graduate from an accredited educational program for Surgical Technology.
· Current Surgical Technician Certification.
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills