This position delivers ice to customers in articulated vehicles (tractor-trailers) that require a CDL Class A license. Drivers are either assigned a delivery route or transport truckloads of ice to specific customer locations. The delivery region, route, and type of equipment operated is subject to change depending on business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operate and maintain a clean company truck in a safe and professional manner.
2. Perform pre/post trip inspections, comply with state/federal hours of service requirements, and operate the vehicle in accordance with DOT regulations.
3. Participate daily in the Daily Visual Management (DVM) process; reviews DVM results with other drivers.
4. Unload, deliver, and rotate ice at customer and other designated locations using a safe, courteous, and service-oriented method.
5. Produce invoices for each delivery and complete all other required paperwork.
6. Responsible for the safe operation, working condition, and inventory of all driver “tools”, including: handhelds, printers, handcarts, and handtrucks.
7. Report all accidents and injuries, regardless of severity.
8. Pick up equipment as directed.
9. Ability to perform other operational duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
10. Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and processes.
11. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
Ability to work in an unfatigued state Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short term memory
Ability to concentrate and perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
Demonstrate a caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
Possess fast reflexes and unimpaired coordination and ability to rapidly respond to stimuli
Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform required functions
Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
This position requires a Class A CDL drivers license. This is a professional driver position and must drive safely and courteously at all times. Must possess a clean driving record. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No lead or supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Must have a High School education or GED. Three years previous route delivery driver experience preferred. A minimum of one year experience as a driver in a vehicle similar to which you will be assigned to operate during the time of employment with the company is required. Must have basic math skills and exceptional customer relations skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to drive in stressful environments. Unloads, loads, and rotates product in merchandisers. Required to lift 10-20 lbs throughout the day. Required to work in all weather conditions. During busy season average around 60 hours per week.