America’s Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia, headquartered in Savannah, GA serves as the food safety network for tens of thousands of children, senior citizens, low-income families, and people with disabilities that are at-risk for hunger throughout southeastern Georgia. We partner with over 275 faith- based and non-profit organizations to provide emergency food assistance across Coastal Georgia. Last year, Second Harvest provided more than 19.2 million pounds of food to people at risk for hunger in our 21-county service area through a variety of programs. We are currently hiring for the following full time, non-exempt position:
Community Relations Manager
Reports to Chief Development Officer
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: The Community Relations Manager is responsible for providing professional support in volunteer coordination and fundraising. Maintain positive rapport with all individuals and organizations who donate their time and abilities to the Food Bank. This position requires Saturdays, one evening per week and flexible availability.
A. Volunteer Management:
1. Volunteer Recruitment – Develop and implement strategies to expand volunteer participation and increase the identification, education, cultivation, and stewardship of sponsors, donors and volunteers.
a) Organizations – Coordinate with local organizations such as faith-based organizations, civic groups, and local businesses to generate interest.
b) Individuals – Promote volunteer interest among singular individuals, as some tasks only require individual assistance and not group projects.
2. Task Development, Assignment and Instruction – Work with department managers to identify and design specific tasks for volunteers to complete. Ensure that each task to be performed by the volunteer best fits their skills and abilities. Streamline the execution of volunteer tasks through demonstration, preparation, job aids and personal availability.
3. Volunteer Scheduling and Reporting – Professionally manage in-person, telephone and email volunteer inquiries responding in a timely manner. Utilize tools including our volunteer software database to communicate effectively with volunteers.
1. Maintain Calendar - Schedule and coordinate volunteer activities and input information into volunteer tracking database.
2. Track Volunteer Hours – Keep track of volunteer (individuals, groups and events) monthly totals using database and be able to generate needed statistics and reports for Executives and Directors as needed.
3. Mailings – Set up and maintain postal and digital mailings to be sent to existing and potential volunteers.
4. Volunteer Center Operations – Supervise the Volunteer Coordinator and ensure all volunteer activities are conducted in a professional and safe manner.
B. Third Party Event and Food Drive Recruitment
1. Recruitment - Public contact for setting up community food drives and third-party events including Legal Food Frenzy, Accounting Food Fight and other cause marketing activities.
2. Logistics and Tracking - Work with Procurement Coordinator for timely delivery and pick-up of barrels/information. Work with Donor Services Manager to maintain documentation for all third-party event food and funds reporting.
3. Follow Up – Track and send recognition letters to participating organizations. C. Other duties as assigned by Chief Development Officer or Executive Director
Effective and Engaging Communicator - This position requires extensive public speaking
including large group settings.
Organization - Must be able to effectively handle multiple responsibilities with a sense of urgency and an attention to detail.
Computer Skills - Proficiency in MS Office applications; desktop publishing and typesetting experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience Georgia driver’s license with clean DMV record
Excellent people/communication skills
Effective time manager
Interested candidates should email or mail a copy of their letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Manager 2501 E President St
Savannah GA 31404 firstname.lastname@example.org