Food Service Worker
Georgia Southern University
Requisition Number: STA002632
Department: 3902320601 - Armstrong - Galley
Position Status: Full-Time
The Galley (Savannah, GA). The Food Service Worker prepares excellent food and provides exceptional service to maintain satisfaction among Dining Services customers; supports and directs student and temporary employees to maintain optimal performance.
• Performs related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University.
• Monitors sanitation practices to ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
• Waits on customers, takes orders, delivers and/or serves food.
• Performs cashier duties, receives and stocks merchandise.
• Operates and cleans dishwasher; maintains and cleans utensils, equipment and work areas, reporting damaged equipment.
• Prepares, cooks, and serves large amounts of menu items.
• Maintains clean and sanitary cooking and preparation areas throughout shift.
• Participates in training temporary and student employees.
• Follows safety and other risk management policies in performance of work.
• Exhibits professional customer service.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Minimum Education Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Could a level of job-related experience higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of education?: No
Minimum Experience Required:
One or more years of related work experience
Could a level of education higher than the minimum required for the position substitute for the minimum level of job-related experience?: No
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Effective communication (verbal and written), organization and human relations skills; ability to work well in a diverse environment; proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office Applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; legally authorized to work in the United States; successful completion of background investigation prior to employment.
Salary Range: $23,700 - $28,400
Job Open Date: 01/31/2020
Job Closing Date: 2/14/2020
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1804499
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-5468 or HR-TDD: (912) 478-0791.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.