Tybee Vacation Rentals (TVR) is seeking a full-time Guest Services Agent to join our team! This is a year-round, benefit-eligible position based in our main office on Tybee Island. The Guest Services Agent will communicate with guests over the phone and in-person to deliver an exceptional vacation experience and handle any guest issues that arise. Additionally, this position will assist our Sales team with reservation follow-up and guest inquiries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
All duties and responsibilities are always to be performed with exceptional caring and genuine guest service, upholding Tybee Vacation Rentals' standards and culture.
- Confirm online reservations with guests over the phone to ensure understanding and adherence to rental policies
- Assist with payment processing on reservations
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the Tybee Island and Savannah area, our vacation rentals, and all policies and procedures in order to respond effectively to guest inquiries
- Respond to and resolve escalated guest issues and complaints with detailed communication and tact resulting in happy customers
- Fully comprehend and successfully execute all company technologies, software, and systems utilized by the department
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies and improve service to guests
- Ensure all daily Guest Services tasks and duties are completed timely and efficiently
- Cross-train with other departments as needed
- Be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to guests, homeowners, vendors, and other employees at all times
- Provide administrative support as needed to assist with projects and goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Company-sponsored insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- Supplemental insurance (AFLAC)
- Retirement savings plan (SIMPLE IRA)
- Paid time-off and holidays (including your birthday!)
- Continuous training and opportunities for advancement
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in the hospitality industry or comparable service environment. In-depth customer service experience a plus.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. required. Bachelor's degree or at least 2 years post-secondary education preferred.
- Ability to handle the stress of a fast-paced, high-demand, customer-focused environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, overtime, and on-call as needed.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new technology systems quickly and effectively
- A high-level of independence, initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including excellent telephone etiquette
- Demonstrate a passion for customer service and the ability to answer questions and resolve issues
- Ability to calculate amounts and figures for refunds, additional charges, and discounts
- Possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Have reliable transportation to and from work and pass a criminal background check
- Customer Focused
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Technical Expertise
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical Skills
About the Company
Over the last 21 years, TVR has evolved into the largest short-term property management company in the area based on our investment in exceptional people and technology. Vacation Rentals are one of the fastest growing segments of the hospitality industry in part due to the unique experience and value they provide travelers. Tybee Vacation Rentals proudly manages over 280 vacation homes and condos on Tybee Island and in historic Savannah.