Here is an opportunity to grow in the booming logistics industry in our area. The best part of this opportunity, one does not have to have a logistical background, although preferred it is not necessary. We are looking for a team player who is confident and willing to learn. We are an international logistics provider who is seeking an Import Coordinator for our Import Department.
This position handles and arranges the customs clearance in all USA ports for all inbound goods for various import customers. In this position one is entering information into the database for the company.
- Provide import estimates and information regarding importing into the United States (via air, ocean and truck).
- Provide customer service to internal departments and overseas affiliates/clients.
- Communications with customers, US Customs, PGA, truckers, steamship lines, airlines, freight forwarders, reading and answering all emails and phone calls or any other entity/request pertaining to the entry that may arise.
- Classify all entries, resolve import problems and data entry which includes coordination of delivery, all OBL’S and payments are sent off for freight availability.
- Maintain import data and verify information accuracy.
- Handle all post-entry amendments and internal audits of all imports that have been imported.
- Assist the import manager with projects as requested.
- Time Management
- STRONG attention to detail
- Effective Communication
- Customer Focus
- Working knowledge of logistics
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.