The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center is a federally qualified community health center which exists to provide patient-centered primary health care services to the medically underserved residents of the greater Savannah-Chatham County, Georgia community. The Health Center makes comprehensive primary care, integrated behavioral health care, oral health care, and inpatient respite care services available to all persons, including the homeless and low-income uninsured and underinsured, regardless of ability to pay. The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center excels in the provision of compassionate care and promotes healing through healthy living. Our team of highly skilled providers partners with patients in need to enable them to achieve and maintain optimal health and wellness across their life cycle.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) functions as an active member of the interdisciplinary clinical team. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs within a primary health care environment.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic behavioral illnesses
- Deliver psychotherapy treatments
- Perform comprehensive behavioral examinations of patients
- Develop and implement patient management policies and procedures
- Assist in resolving psychosocial problems which may interfere with medical treatment or rehabilitation of the patient/family.
- Provides crisis intervention for acute situations, i.e., locating emergency housing emergency services, housing, etc.
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Communicate with collaborating psychiatrist, physician or specialist regarding patient care
- Assists the Performance Improvement initiative by developing and implementing Performance Improvement indicators with appropriate follow up monitoring.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain licensure, to include the procurement of appropriate CMEs
- Participate in agency meetings, in-service trainings and workshops as deemed appropriate
- All other duties as assigned