Are you a Certified Medical Assistant who wants to increase your knowledge in the medical field? If so, we have an opportunity for you. A Plastic Surgeons’ Office in Savannah, GA needs a patient focused Certified Medical Assistant. This is an extremely busy practice, which invests time and energy in developing its employees. This practice offers competitive pay and great benefits.
· Prepares equipment and aid the physician during examination and treatment.
· Assists physician in minor room procedures, as assigned, being sure all trays are available, and all suture is available during the procedure.
· Prepare tissue to be sent to the appropriate lab, per patient’s insurance, filling out all paperwork, and logging it in the Lab book.
· Provide medical care based on patient’s needs: provide a robe, remove soiled dressings, remove sutures, clean wounds and redress the wounds after patient sees the physician. Get consents signed and set up minor procedures if needed. Pull drains following previous surgery if ok’d by physician.
· Responsible for taking all before and after photos of patients in the photography room and entering the information in the photo room log book.
· Handles all phone calls that come into the nurse’s station from hospitals, labs, other physician’s offices, etc.
· 1 year Medical Office experience
· Current certification
· Experience with clinical examinations and tests
· Knowledge of medical terminology