We are currently looking for full time Order Pickers for a privately owned company located in Savannah, GA. The Order Pickers locate the products on shelves in the warehouse and prepare them for customer pick up or delivery. The ideal candidates will be highly organized and have a close attention to detail.
- Handles pick tickets/orders from warehouse management/staff to pull items from warehouse inventory
- Use scan guns and other electronic equipment as necessary.
- Physically pulls warehouse items using pick tickets by the started area number, quantity, quality, etc.
- Compare and inspect physical items pulled to the requirements of the pick ticket/order
- Pack/wraps orders as required by item/delivery type, and prepares for shipment
- Transports orders to shipping locations/bins using the proper material handling equipment
- Ensures that orders are staged correctly for each delivery
- Operates any material handling equipment following established safety guidelines
- Assists in maintaining the security and safety of the warehouse
- Proper inventory control
Key traits for success:
- Self motivated
- Dependable with high level of integrity
- Perform according to our high quality standards
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum 1 year warehouse experience as an order picker.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for a (8) hour shift.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Basic computer skills and RF Scanner experience.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Leadership skills is a plus
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply