A local childrens clinic is looking for a patient focused medical assistant to join their team. The ideal candidates are passionate about working with children and have excellent communication and organizational skills. Please apply for this position if you are looking to work in a fast paced environment with a chance to truly make a difference.
- Point of contact for the Providers
- Document medical history
- Maintain clinical schedules
- Record vital signs and prep Charts
- Prepare treatment rooms for patients
- Perform clinical duties as assigned by the Nurse Practitioner and/or Physician
- Explain treatment procedures to patients
- Arrange and perform laboratory testing
- Assist with patients during visits
- Complete and distribute school/health forms
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
- Certificate in medical assistance is a preferred
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant
- Efficient multitasker with the ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Strong Organizational skills
- Must be adept at putting children at ease during all procedures, as well as skilled at answering parents' questions
- Effective communication and people skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Knowledgeable in medical terminology
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.