The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center is a federally qualified community health center which exists to provide patient-centered primary health care services to the medically underserved residents of the greater Savannah-Chatham County, Georgia community. The Health Center makes comprehensive primary care, integrated behavioral health care, oral health care, and inpatient respite care services available to all persons, including the homeless and low-income uninsured and underinsured, regardless of ability to pay. The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center excels in the provision of compassionate care and promotes healing through healthy living. Our team of highly skilled providers partners with patients in need to enable them to achieve and maintain optimal health and wellness across their life cycle.
The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center is seeking to add a Certified Phlebotomist our interdisciplinary clinical team. The Phlebotomist supports the team by providing medical services, within the scope of practice, at the request of the Health Care Provider.
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred)
- Must possess a valid state phlebotomy certification
- Excellent patient service and patient relationship skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Arrange daily activities based on urgency of requests for fluid samples
- Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents or other means
- Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Find veins that are suitable for puncture
- Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples
- Label samples correctly and send or deliver them for testing
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working