Are you a Medical Assistant with the confidence to work with a busy practice? Our client is a large vascular surgery physician practice in Savannah that is seeking a Procedure Room Medical Assistant with strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment. If you are a qualified committed professional that takes initiative, then our client’s practice is the place for you.
· Go above and beyond to exceed patient satisfaction expectations by being warm, welcoming, professional, and helpful.
· Perform patient preparation including, calling patients from lobby, obtaining initial vital signs, pre procedure placement and preparing the patient for the procedure.
· Transferring patients from pre bay to procedure rooms and coordinating room assignment with nursing staff.
· Assists with setting up the pre and post recovery bays after each patient.
· Assists with patient care as directed to ensure patients in recovery are comfortable and receiving excellent patient care.
· Assist nurses with preparing procedure rooms and charts for the next day.
· Making phone calls for lab results and making reminder calls to patients as needed.
· Assure that medical records are updated with appropriate information prior to procedure.
· Assists with inventory stocking and supply paperwork.
· Tend to instruments.
· Keeping interior and exterior surroundings clean and orderly.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Medical Assistant Training or Certification Preferred
· Excellent communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Prior medical office experience