A large local dump company is in need of a Scale Attendant on a full time basis. The ideal candidate will work with diverse clients and construction knowledge. One must encompass excellent attention to detail, the ability to work in an industrial environment, the ability to work under a great deal of pressure and able to multi-task.
Typical work involves:
· Operating a busy scale
· Prepare various reports regarding the inflow and outflow of materials purchased
· Assist, direct and educate patrons in proper unload areas
· Assisting Dispatch with inbound loads
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Weigh and record materials arriving or departing the facilities
· Operate scales to properly weigh scrap metals
· Complete reporting documents as required by regulations or as required by Manager
· Complete training requirements at the discretion of the Manager
Desired Experience and Training:
· High School Graduate
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to make judgment as to proper commodity identification
· Math skills to include addition and subtraction
· Computer savvy
· Ability to work courteously with citizens, co-workers and others that utilize the facility
· Ability to multi-task i.e. weighing in multiple customers while weighing outbound trucks
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.