Our client, a prominent Plastic Surgeons’ Office in Savannah Georgia, is seeking a Surgery Center Executive Assistant. The Surgery Center Executive Assistant is responsible for assisting the Surgery Center Director and the Surgery Center staff & physicians with the clerical and administrative tasks necessary for the provision of quality, safe and cost-effective patient care.
· Maintain records for physicians, staff, and independent contractors.
· Ensure required documentation is immediately available and current per policy, regulatory standards and guidelines
· Complete reports in a timely fashion as directed by administration.
· Assist accounting with financial data
· Answer phone & door, make follow-up appointments if needed, ensure post-op phone calls have been made, communicate with patients and families as directed by the director and staff
· Assist H&P nurses with compiling pre-surgical documentation and filing in medical records once reviewed
· Create charts and ensure all charts are complete with necessary signatures, dates, times, forms, and pathology are complete; if not, returning charts for completion
· Retrieve necessary documentation from electronic record
· File completed medical records according to accepted practice
· Adhere to HIPPA and clinic standards for maintaining patient confidentiality
· Ensure procedure log is completed and compiled into a spreadsheet
· Order office supplies and ensure that adequate supplies of commonly used supplies are available
· Assist the director with ensuring that Surgery Center facility and equipment is maintained in good, working order and that required documentation is completed and filed appropriately
· Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures
· Knowledge of medical terminology, documentation, and HIPPA regulations; previous medical related experience desired
· Excellent computer skills and adept with Microsoft office products, including Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook
· Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions; ability to prioritize
· Skill in preparing and maintaining records, spreadsheets, writing reports, and responding to correspondence in a professional manner per accepted business practices
· Excellent customer service skills, including phone etiquette, written and digital communication etiquette
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff and the ability to be an active participant in a team-based work environment
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in stressful situations
· Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively