We are looking for a Transportation Operations Supervisor to join NH Services LLC our growing Transportation subsidiary company in Savannah, GA!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Team-Oriented Culture - We have a diverse workplace of talented people who partner to make NH Services a unique and engaging place to work.
Employee Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, and 401k.
NH Services Perks – Wellness programs, gym reimbursements, and financial assistance.
Our fast-growing division is seeking a highly qualified candidate to supervise our transportation team in Savannah. This is a growth opportunity to lead our drayage, delivery, and maintenance team towards improved efficiency and capacity in a growing market!
- Plan and dispatch daily pickups and returns of containers
- Communicate with terminals, drivers, and warehouses to resolve issues.
- Lead development and execution of daily metric dashboard emails to NH managers and Executives.
- Supervise drivers with local drayage issues through coaching and dispatching.
- Take lead in meeting hauling goals through efficient dispatching, driver support, and after-hours assistance to drivers.
- Proactively forecast and problem-solve for high volume periods to reduce Per Diem and Demurrage costs for the facility.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of terminal operations, steamship lines, procedures, customs, and troubleshooting methods.
- Provide administrative support to drivers and NHS Operations as needed.
- Supervise and support maintenance, safety, and equipment qualification efforts.
- Develop and conduct monthly safety & training meetings
- Attend port meetings as required. Utilize relationships and leverage knowledge of drayage operations to improve operating efficiency and maintain compliance.
- Manage all aspects of transportation operations including staffing levels, driver recruiting and retention, and fleet service aspect with support from Corporate. Work as part of a team with other managers.
- Participate and contribute to Supply Chain strategy planning meetings remotely or on-site.
- Ability to organize and track complex information using physical and electronic record-keeping systems.
- Local transportation dispatch and planning experience required.
- Experience working in freight management software platforms including Trinium preferred but not required.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience with basic office software: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, required. Experience with Google Suite applications strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally effectively with drivers, staff, and third parties.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Basic analysis and problem-solving abilities.
Able to sit, stand, walk and move within a typical office environment.
Occasionally required to lift objects up to 25 LB without assistance.