Our client, a veterinary clinic is searching for a veterinary technician to join their team of highly dedicated animal lovers. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a family environment, has a cheerful disposition, and has a passion for animal care.
• Cares for and monitors the condition of animals recovering from surgery.
• Performs laboratory tests on blood, urine, and feces to assist in diagnosis and treatment.
• Bathe’s animals, clips nails or claws, and brushes and cuts animals’ hair.
• Performs office, clerical, and accounting duties such as reception, billing, bookkeeping, and selling products.
• Prepares and administers medications, vaccines, serums, and treatments as prescribed by veterinarians.
• Performs dental work such as cleaning, polishing, and extracting teeth.
• Prepares treatment rooms for surgery.
• Cleans kennels, animal holding areas, surgery suites, examination rooms, and animal loading/unloading facilities.
• Provides veterinarians with the correct equipment and instruments.
• Cleans and sterilizes instruments, equipment, and materials.
• General understanding of animal physiology and veterinary terminology.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Prolonged periods of standing, reaching, bending, and lifting.
• High School or Equivalent
• Strong work ethic and dependability
All candidates must pass a pre-employment background check, drug test, and skills assessments.