We are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our growing team in our Savannah, GA location.
Why join Noble House? Since 1992, Noble House Home Furnishings has offered its customers quality furniture options and designs. From indoor furnishings for any and every room in a home to large outdoor sofa sets, we continuously update our broad range of products, designing more than 100 new items and styles, both classic and on-trend, on a monthly basis. We can fulfill and ship up to thousands of orders daily. Our business consumers include major box stores like Walmart, Costco and online business customers like Amazon, Wayfair, and Overstock. We offer several brands, including Christopher Knight Home, and we’ve recently launched our own retail store, GDF Studio. Noble House keeps ahead of the trends and market, making us a dominant force in the furniture industry.
At Noble House, we are diverse and global workplace, with employees representing several different nationalities, and we source and build our furniture from both around the world and the United States. While we have been around for 25+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace, and we are looking for talented individuals like you to join our team.
Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for inventory management, shipping, and receiving, daily inbound, outbound and the day to day warehouse operations. Responsible for the planning and assigning of work among assigned employees.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Managing the daily operations of the Shipping or Receiving Department.
- Daily Inbound Container - plan with pre-dock info and provided, plan space, allocated docks, assigned team, unloading, stacking, housekeep to consolidate space.
- Follow all procedures for receiving incoming freight and proper distribution of details to relevant parties.
- Daily Outbound Container - FedEx/UPS ground & express/LTL shipments, timely coordination of exit trucks/docks by working with the assigned team for pulling, labeling, loading. Enforcing all safety and accuracy check procedures are carried out.
- Helping to oversee a staff of approximately 10 to 20 employees in the warehouse.
- Providing day-to-day managerial support to the staff (manage labor-plan weekly assignment calendars, tracking time off, scheduling training, etc.)
- Implement and enforce safety rules.
- Overseeing and assisting with the maintenance of equipment.
- Offering regular and ad hoc reports to the Operations Manager.
- Working with the Operations Manager to streamline operations on the floor.
- Maintain or improve warehouse operational processes
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Must be able to have a 6:30 a.m. start time and be able to work flexible hours between two/ three shifts as needed. Must be available to work weekends as needed.
- Must be able to adapt to changes, and mobilize team on the same to achieve company goals & objectives.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
Preferred Requirements (Optional)
- Experience in the furniture industry.
- Familiar with high-volume operation.
- Able to communicate through emails and telephone.
- Forklift experience (Cherry/Order picker, sit-down, standup and pallet rider)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for a long period of time.
- Able to manually load/unload containers and stack cases.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Team-Oriented Culture - We have a diverse workplace of talented people – sales/marketing, merchandising, e-commerce, retail, and general administrators - who partner to make Noble House a unique and engaging place to work.
Employee Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, and 401k.
Noble House Perks – Employee discounts on Noble House products, monthly lunches, etc.