Clinical Nurse Manager- RN
The Clinical Nurse Manager directs and supervises the clinical personnel and the clinical care of the patients. Maintains open communication and is available to Administration, providers, staff and patients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs activities of clinical staff, including scheduling of staff, disciplinary actions, and recommendations for changes in the clinical staff or processes.
- Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for clinical staff and reports to Support Analyst for tracking.
- Participates in appropriate or assigned committees and meetings and reports information to CEO/Managing Partner as appropriate.
- Assess, monitor and evaluate policies and procedures in clinical setting to ensure quality patient care, and maximizing efficiency.
- Prepares and communicates schedule for clinical staff.
- Orders and manages inventory of medical supplies with coordination with CEO, andparticipates in coordinating budgets for clinical area.
- Engages in activities related to improving clinical care of the patients.
- Interact with drug representatives and suppliers to evaluate new equipment, medications or supplies and communicate as needed with staff, CEO, and managing partner.
- Ongoing review and recommendations for EMR and clinical processes.
- Develop relationships with Referring physicians’ office staff and providers to increase marketshare and referrals.
- Develop and report relationships with community groups, and employers.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to supervise staff effectively
· Ability to respond to needs of physicians
· Ability to effectively communicate with physicians, staff, administration, and vendors both verbally and in writing.
· In depth knowledge of gastroenterology/hepatology
· Leadership skills
Education and Experience
- RN degree
- ACLS certification
- Three years of experience working in a physician office or other health care environment
- Annual GI conference attendance encouraged
Functions within budget
Satisfactory review from physicians and CEO/administrator