The General Accountant will have a broad range of duties including but not limited to: The primary responsibility is to effectively manage and administrate finance department activities, ensuring smooth function of all accounting and record-keeping systems; Managing the monthly financial statement close process, including performing journal entries and various general ledger analysis, along with monthly and quarterly account reconciliations and financial review is required. This person will be responsible for managing, monitoring and measuring all financial activities of the company, its ancillary entities, its clients, customers, vendors, and its employees. In addition, this position ensures expenses are recorded accurately. Also, the General Accountant will look for various process improvement opportunities that will increase efficiency within the Accounting Department and the company as a whole. Overtime may be required occasionally, primarily at the first of the month and during peak season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keep all bank accounts organized and in balance, providing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required. Perform monthly bank reconciliations on trust account, operating account, plus multiple other bank/credit card accounts.
- Perform timely local, state, and federal tax payments and other company-critical payments.
- Perform daily deposit reconciliations and balance guest/owner accounts between multiple systems.
- Disburse property owner revenues accurately and on schedule.
- Create monthly company disbursement reports, make transfers between Trust and Ops account
- Oversee the processing of rental property invoices, owner cleaning bills, vendor bills and work orders and enter data into Reservation system
- Prepare or oversee Accounts Payables and Accounts receivables reports
- Organize and maintain company filing and documentation system for records, ensuring accuracy with filing and document confidentiality
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures, documenting all accounting tasks and functions
- Prepare financials and tax documentation to review with Company owner and with CPA
- Professionally interact with employees, clients, customers, and vendors
- Assist with staff recruiting, selection, training programs, and managing policy and procedure documentation. Process payroll, manage HR/Employee records and systems, and perform other payroll administrator functions.
- Perform other duties as may be required or assigned
- Ensure accuracy in all accounting systems, reports, payroll, filing systems, and in all bank accounts at all times
- Ensure smooth function of all accounting and record-keeping systems.
- Ensure document confidentiality, working at all times in a manner to prevent information leakage
- Perform routine duties and special projects in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide friendly and timely customer service to homeowners, guests, vendors, and co-workers
- Detail Orientation/Accuracy
- Organizing Skills
- Business Expertise/Technical Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or business or equivalent experience
- 3 years of accounting experience with knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is preferred, Real Estate/Property Management accounting experience a plus.
- Highly proficient in utilization of accounting software, QuickBooks, and Excel
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word and Excel, detail oriented, proven analytical skills and ability to respond to issues in a timely manner while working in a fast paced environment
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Demonstrates a high level of independence, initiative and resourcefulness while managing priorities in a flexible team environment
- Good communication skills and the ability to get along with a diverse population are critical qualifications.
- Ability to answer client’s questions and successfully resolve issues and/or negotiate matters related to client’s account. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business contracts and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Interpersonal Traits: Positive and enthusiastic, self-starter, functions well under stress. Possess flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations. Organized and thorough; self-motivated. Comfortable with routine, office systems and structure. Attention to details, deadlines and accuracy. Ability to recognize and implement projects that need attention. Ability to work well with others as well as alone. Ability to multi-task, neat appearance, positive attitude.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: LiveRez, QuickbooksPro, Paylocity, Instant Status Tracker, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, PC, Small Business Server, smart phone.
Physical Job Description
Typical Working Conditions:
Office environment is climate controlled with standard office chair and work space. Prolonged periods of sitting, repetitive movements such as typing and the telephone
Computer, telephone, fax, scanner. copier, printer, 10-key machine
Essential Physical Tasks
Prolonged sitting and keyboarding.
Background check and professional references required. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com