The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center is a federally qualified community health center which exists to provide patient-centered primary health care services to the medically underserved residents of the greater Savannah-Chatham County, Georgia community. The Health Center makes comprehensive primary care, integrated behavioral health care, oral health care, and inpatient respite care services available to all persons, including the homeless and low-income uninsured and underinsured, regardless of ability to pay. The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center excels in the provision of compassionate care and promotes healing through healthy living. Our team of highly skilled providers partners with patients in need to enable them to achieve and maintain optimal health and wellness across their life cycle.
The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center is seeking to add a Certified Medical Assistant to our existing interdisciplinary team. The CMA supports the team by providing medical services, within the scope of practice, at the request of the Health Care Provider.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Obtain comprehensive health histories on patients and document appropriately
- Obtain vital signs, chief complaint, drug allergies, and visual acuity if indicated.
- Prepare client for examination by Health Care Provider
- Provide services to clients to assist in activities of daily living
- Maintain examination rooms, medication administration room and treatment area, assuring availability of needed supplies and equipment
- Clean and bandage wounds, perform basic first aid, and adhere to infection control policies and procedures
- Perform phlebotomy as necessary, to include labeling and preparing tubes and completing appropriate paperwork for external tests.
- Maintain stock supply of stock medications and the patients supply; properly notify medication tech and/or provider via email or Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system
- Maintain accurate medical records within the EMR system
- Current Certified Medical Assistant
- Minimum of 2 yrs clinical experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Basic knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, with any additional computer skills a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationship with patients
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must pass a National Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening