We are looking for Fleet Diesel Technician to join our NH Services LLC growing Transportation subsidiary in Savannah, GA!
The Fleet Diesel Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance and servicing of NH Services vehicles and equipment, ensuring that operational capacity is maximized by keeping our equipment ready to use. As a key member of NH Services’ team, the Fleet Diesel Technician will work closely with Operations, other mechanics, and the Fleet Services Manager to schedule routine maintenance and inspections, provide support in the field to fleet vehicles, and complete repairs in a timely manner.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Team-Oriented Culture - We have a diverse workplace of talented people who partner to make NH Services, LLC a unique and engaging place to work.
Employee Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, and 401k.
NH Services Perks – Wellness programs, gym reimbursements and financial assistance.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- Perform all scheduled interval inspections on company-owned power units and chassis.
- Perform small and medium scope repairs on all equipment.
- Maintain and update inspection and repair schedule utilizing company systems.
- Clear exceptions and repair flags in company systems. Maintain maintenance records for inspection.
- Provide patch and tire replacement service as needed in yard and respond to vehicles in the field for emergency service.
- Ensure company owned equipment is safe to operate in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Work with Operations personnel and drivers to address maintenance needs efficiently.
- Ensure an adequate supply of common parts, oils, and lubricants is available.
- Manage and be accountable for company-owned service vehicles and tools.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Minimum five years’ experience in heavy truck maintenance and repair functions.
- Basic computer skills: ability to use maintenance software and MS Office applications.
Minimum two years of driving experience, Class C license or higher.
- Ability to operate a Class C commercial straight truck. Road test required.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Lift and maneuver objects up to 40 LB frequently and up to 100 LB occasionally, throughout the workday.
- Normal use of limbs, hands, and feet to enter and exit commercial vehicles, climb stairs, and move goods.
- Able to sit for long periods.
- Normal vision as required for obtaining and maintaining a Class C driver's license.
A background check (which may include a pre-employment drug screen) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the status of candidates who apply for the position.