FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to:Operations Manager
This position is responsible for installing and servicing workspace furniture and related products. Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE.
Installation Technician Specific Responsibilities:
- Review the project with the lead installer and /or project manager, understand the scope of work, and plan for completing the project.
- Frequently assist with unloading the furniture and delivering it to the clients office.
- Properly and safely assemble furniture per plan.
- Operate in an organized and safe manner.
- Stay on pace, think ahead as you do your work, be efficient and productive, and eliminate wasted time.
- Respect customers surroundings, act professionally and always be aware that you are working in their space.
- Accurately complete timecard, including hours worked by day and job #
- Maintain tools and equipment, use the correct tool for the job
- Operate safely, be aware of hazardous conditions, report all unsafe conditions to the manager, and wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses) when operating power tools. Communicate with customers to inform, build trust and confidence, resolve issues, and enhance their overall experience.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands;
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observe safety and security procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
- High School Diploma and three to five years of installation or field service experience in the commercial furniture industry or related field.
- Basic computer entry and ability to use other devices, such as an iPad.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Acquire a training course to become a certified installation technician
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Strong mechanical abilities; proficient at working with power tools, equipment, and assembly of components
- Communicates effectively with management, employees, vendors, and customers
- Excellent service and teamwork skills; show respect when dealing with customers and team members
- Display a positive and open mind at all times with respect to the job duties required for the position.
- Looks for ways to improve processes, procedure, efficiency, and quality consistently
- Strong attention to detail; able to complete work both accurately and efficiently
- Applies sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills to resolve work issues
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to quality service and results
- Results-oriented with proven ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
Corporate Environments is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. If you are an experienced operations leader passionate about transforming workspaces and delivering exceptional customer service, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans.