The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center is a federally qualified community health center which exists to provide patient-centered primary health care services to the medically underserved residents of the greater Savannah-Chatham County, Georgia community. The Health Center makes comprehensive primary care, integrated behavioral health care, oral health care, and inpatient respite care services available to all persons, including the homeless and low-income uninsured and underinsured, regardless of ability to pay. The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center excels in the provision of compassionate care and promotes healing through healthy living. Our team of highly skilled providers partners with patients in need to enable them to achieve and maintain optimal health and wellness across their life cycle.
The J.C. Lewis Primary Health Care Center is seeking to add a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPNs) to our interdisciplinary clinical team. The LPN supports the team by providing medical services, within the scope of practice, at the request of the Health Care Provider.
- Preffered Pediatric experience
- Must have passed the Georgia NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination)
- Successful completion of a state-approved practical nursing program
- Licensed in the state of Georgia as a LPN--current
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Basic knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, with any additional computer skills a plus
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationship with patients
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Obtain comprehensive health histories on patients and document appropriately
- Administer and maintain accurate records/documentation of vaccines, according to GRITS (Georgia Registry of Immunizations and Transaction Registry) system.
- Obtain vital signs, chief complaint, drug allergies, and visual acuity if indicated.
- Adhere to the infection control policies and procedures
- Prepare client for examination by Health Care Provider
- Maintain medication room, examination rooms, and treatment area, assuring availability of needed supplies and equipment
- Maintain lab area and adhere to universal precautions
- Perform phlebotomy as necessary, to include labeling and preparing tubes and completing appropriate paperwork for external tests.
- Notify courier of pending samples for pick-up.
- Clean and bandage wounds, perform basic first aid, and adhere to infection control policies.
- Administer medications appropriate for symptoms and in proper dosage under the direction of the Health Care Provider