Looking to hire a career minded lead person to run a repair crew in our Crawl Space Repair business.
We do residential repairs under homes and businesses to include replacement of damaged sills, joists, piers, and also installation of subfloor insulation, moisture control systems and drainage systems. We have a great work culture, and team approach. You will be provided with tools and a vehicle.
Compensation is based upon experience, knowledge and ongoing performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
Skills and Job Requirements
- Lead repairs on structural repair/floor framing, including:
- Sill/Joists/Girder repairs and installation
- Bathroom floors and shower pans
- CMU piers and permanent pier installation.
- Lead install of interior french drains, including plumbing and wiring of sump pumps.
- Lead install of barriers and dehumidification systems.
- Responsible individual that can accept running a crew
Manage Daily Workflow
- Manage job site: workflow, quality, work timeliness, materials purchase, work folder, communicating with customers well, communicate with office staff.
- Be proficient in doing and overseeing all repairs required with a two-three man crew.
- Be able to troubleshoot issues as they arise and communicate with Operations Manager as changes arise.
- Manage tools on site for each job - making sure the tools needed are on site at the time needed. to make workflow most efficient. Be proactive in cutting down trips to home improvement stores by planning ahead.
- Listen to and follow instructions of Market Director / Manager.
- Give updates at the end of each day to MD / Manager.
- Take responsibility for actions
Manage Inventory and Tools
- Communicate with Market Director on inventory needs, including supplies for upcoming jobs as well as stocked items.
- Schedule time for maintenance to the shop, tools, equipment and vehicles.
- Wear our uniform, which includes khaki work pants, a Crawlspace Medic hat and shirt. Hat and shirts are provided by Crawlspace Medic
- Be main touch point with customers on jobsite. Clearly communicate and answer questions.
- Be kind and courteous to customers and fellow workers on the job site and off
- No smoking on jobsite.
Truck and Tool Policy
- As Lead Repair Manager, you will be provided a work truck to use during the work day. The truck is not for personal use.
- All tools will be provided by Crawlspace Medic.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Past carpentry experience is a must. General construction experience with ability to measure, cut and replace structural components of homes in crawlspaces.
- The following are company paid holidays (after 90 days)
- New Years Day
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Day and the day after
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Labor Day / Memorial Day.
- Employee receives paid time off each year. 5 Days PTO per year.
- Health insurance
- Paid training
- Work vehicle provided for use during working hours