America’s Second Harvest of Coastal Georgia, headquartered in Savannah, GA serves as the food safety net for tens of thousands of children, senior citizens, low-income families, and people with disabilities that are at-risk for hunger throughout southeastern Georgia. We partner with over 300 churches and non-profit agencies to provide emergency food assistance across Coastal Georgia in twenty-one counties. Last year, Second Harvest provided more than 13.5 million pounds of food to hungry people in our 21 county service area through a variety of programs. We are currently hiring for the following position:
Job Title: Warehouse Associate
Reports To: Director of Operations
Pay Rate: $14.00 per hour
Job Summary: The Warehouse Associate assists in the acceptance and distribution of all Food Bank products; and general maintenance, cleanliness, and organization of the Food Bank’s facilities and equipment.
Reports to: Director of Operations
- Read and have good working knowledge of the Second Harvest Warehouse Practices Manual other pertinent manuals/materials related to Food Bank programs.
- Possess strong customer service skills and maintain positive relations with agencies, Food Bank staff, donors, and volunteers.
- Unload, inspect, and inventory all product arriving at the Food Bank and sign necessary admittance forms.
- Organize and maintain the warehouse to ensure maximum cleanliness and efficiency of space.
- Maintain daily cleaning schedule including the inside and outside of warehouse.
- Pick and set up of orders departing Food Bank to ensure accuracy prior to delivery.
- Assist in loading and checking all orders departing Food Bank to ensure accuracy prior to delivery.
- Inspect Food Bank equipment reporting any maintenance issues to Director of Operations.
- Observe safety practices while in the warehouse as well as operating warehouse equipment including, but not limited to, the forklift and motorized pallet jacks.
- Ensure the safety of all persons entering and departing the warehouse. Allow no one except staff, to go into warehouse space without the accompaniment of staff. Do not allow children in warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Chief Operations Officer and/or Director of Operations.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly, up to 75 pounds occasionally; frequently lift, bend and stand.
- Ability to pass Forklift Operator Safety Training
Chosen applicant will be required to have a post offer criminal history and workers compensation background check and drug screen.
To apply, you must fill out an application in person at 2501 E President St, Savannah between 7:30AM-4:30PM or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.