A local Church is in search of a full time Sexton to assist in maintaining high standards in cleanliness and readiness of Church facilities in order to create a pleasant atmosphere for parishioners, guest, and staff. The Sexton will work under the supervision of the Facility Manager to assist with program preparation , worship preparation, clean up, and other facility duties as needed.
- Set-up tables and chairs and needed equipment for program preparation.
- Wipe down coffee counters and spot clean floors, kitchen, and side halls.
- Sweep sidewalk and pickup and remove trash.
- Open and Close building for worship services.
- Ensure restrooms are stocked as needed.
- Update bulletins, post hymn boards, and change sign boards as needed.
- Decorate sanctuary with flowers and banners.
- Run elevator and monitor narthex during services.
- Change building light bulbs as needed.
- Weed and water outside plants.
- Polish door plates and glass doors.
- Minor repairs and additional task assigned as needed.
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.