“To provide outstanding customer service and operational excellence in all areas of logistics and supply chain management.” - Goal of our client
Our client, a full-service international logistics provider, freight forwarder, NVOCC, and custom house broker, is seeking an Entry Level Licensed Customs Broker. If you recently became a Licensed Customs Broker this is the opportunity for you!! It is an opportunity to get your foot in the door of an international logistics provider, while gaining knowledge and experience to grow within the company. Due to the growth of the company they are having to add an additional Licensed Customs Broker!! They want a professional who is willing to grow in the logistics industry.
· Clear goods through customs
· Request or compile necessary import documentation, such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, and cargo-control documents
· Determine and track duties and taxes payable and process payments on behalf of clients when necessary
· Advise customers on import and export restricts, tariff systems, insurance requirements, quotas or other customer-related matters
· Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
· Provide excellent and timely customer service, under the limited supervision and advice of the department Supervisor or Manager, by proactively informing clients of the status of shipments and referring clients to a higher-level authority when questions are beyond scope of responsibility.
· May identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management, and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
· May provide input on team performance as assigned.
- Valid Customs Brokerage License required.
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Customs Regulations.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Stellar team-building, planning, and organizational skills with proven reliability.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service while adhering to US laws and regulations as well as company policy. Position will interact with customers by phone, email and in-person frequently.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.