A new auto manufacturer is moving into the Savannah area and they are looking for an Finance Controller to join the initial team. The main role of the Finance Controller is to oversee managing/supervising overall financial affairs. This is an exciting opportunity to join a major company that will be expanding in South Georgia for years to come.
- Oversee and present capital budgets (Decision for long-term assets), accounts and financial statements to the Chief Financial Officer
- Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place
- Analysis cash flow and cost of capital for new business, modify business
- Ensure verify proper vendor bank information and payment schedule. Risk assessments including company loans, investments, and liquidity.
- New investment analysis with NPV (Net Present Value), IRR (Internal Rate of Return) and Pl(Profitability Index).
- Ensure maintain working capital Management (Decision for current assets & current Liability) and Capital structure (Decision for minimization of cost of capital)
- Investment of capital to include: sourcing best investment avenue for cash to yield highest return, monitoring all avenues for best investment.
Forecasting / Financial Planning
- Create, maintain and update a continual 5 Year Forecast to specifically detail projected revenues, cost, expenses, cash flows (including any projected capital raises) as well as including projected sales growth and margins of profit based off of Sales plans created by Sales Managers and COO.
- Provide monthly report to CFO of current status of 5 Year Forecast
- Work with each department manager to create departmental budget plans
- Prepare and control annual budget plan. Provide monthly updates on current status of budget to CFO
Corporate Governance (Internal Control)
- Oversee Control environment of accounting procedure. Ex) Investment cycle, AIR cycle, A/P cycle
- Annual risk assessment with external Auditor
- Control activities improve, accounting policies, procedures, techniques and mechanisms if found risk assessment
- Monitoring applied control activities and re-assessment
- Preparing month end closing of PL & BS properly and consistently based on GAAP and company policy(5thday of the following month)
- Assisting external auditor to get audit process on time and correctly
- Analyzing cost and expenses
- Optimizing treasury process
- Monitoring general accounting and payroll process
- Ensure timely cash collections by driving the timing for monthly billing and cash management techniques.
- Collaboration with other department managers to review expenditures, cost saving initiatives, budget reviews.
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications.
- Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
- Prepares Offer of Employment and upon acceptance, sends New Hire packet and conducts pre-employment screening.
- Onboard new employees in order to become fully integrated
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Confirm staff details and working hours to ensure accurate employee compensation.
- Supervising Account payable for vendor managements
- Supervising Account Receivable staff for customer managements
- Developing and maintaining accounting internal control system
- Reviewing PO process and monitoring budget vs expenditure
- Assist with escalated collections of past due accounts such as assisting manager through contacting outside legal counsel and/or collection services.
- Reviewing legal contract internally and consulting with outside lawyers
- Creating and updating internal accounting policies relating to accounting processes (such as gas reimbursement policies)
- Ensure that each accounting position has a detailed job process manual
- Ensure that accounting team is cross-trained to complete necessary functions of accounting department
- Participate in weekly management meetings with other departments providing current financial status & KPI reports. New Area-lFRS, SAP, HQ Package
- Supervising staffs and training and educating them.
- Preparing HQ packages correctly on timely manner
- Be trained and educated new accounting knowledge from HQ or outside consultants
- Be done or communicate with relatedly and accurately
Preferred Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Finance
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Certified Public Accountant
SAP Experienced for 5yrs more (Migration experience)
Deep knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP)
Financial Management, Cost of capital Knowledge
Corporate Governance Knowledge
US-IFRS GAAP Knowledge
Payroll & Sales, use tax
Basic Corporate tax Accounting
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check. We will only contact qualified candidates.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply