A local law firm is seeking a sharp, experienced Legal Billing and Accounts Receivable Specialist to handle all billing functions for a busy law firm. You will be responsible for coordinating client invoicing and electronic billing through a multitude of client systems as well as handling all accounts receivable postings. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years billing experience in a law or professional service firm environment.
- Accurately post daily deposits.
- Process a high volume of monthly bills to insurance companies and attach supporting documentation while following client billing guidelines.
- Make edits to timekeeper entries on pre-bills as requested.
- Analyze invoice reviews and appeal write offs when necessary and in a timely manner.
- Communicate with adjusters and clients to resolve any billing issues.
- Develop detailed understanding of and comply with each clients billing guidelines.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Review and process expense reimbursements and client advance checks.
- Process credit card payments.
- Upload positive pay reports to the bank daily and decision daily exceptions.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years high volume billing experience in law firm preferred.
- Experience using a variety of legal billing platforms
- Familiarity with Legal Task Codes
- Experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Strong understanding of legal billing guidelines and procedures for various clients
- Proficient in MS office and data entry.
- Experience working with financial management software such as Orion, Quickbooks, Tabs3, ProLaw, etc.
- Comfortable with mathematics and financial data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- BS/BA in accounting or relevant field preferred.
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.