Our client, a prominent Plastic Surgeons Office in Savannah Georgia, is a seeking an experienced LPN to assist during surgeries. As an essential part of the team, the LPN is responsible for nursing care for patients in surgery as directed by medical providers. Responsible for patient flow and assisting providers as necessary with examination. Provides nursing care for patients in accordance with established standards, policies, and nursing scope of practice.
The practice offers competitive pay with the opportunity to develop professionally.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care plans in consultation with healthcare professionals.
- Assist with procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed
- Evaluating medical information, as well as providing direct and individualized bedside nursing care to pre-and post-surgery patients.
- Preparing, administering and recording prescribed medications.
- Changing dressings, inserting catheters, and starting IVs.
- Adjusting specialized medical equipment as needed, as well as interpreting and recording measurements.
- Monitoring patients vitals and reporting adverse reactions to medications in a timely manner.
- Collaborating on discharge planning with the healthcare team.
- Answering questions and educating patients and their families on surgical procedures and post-surgery care.
- Maintaining and updating patient files, medical charts, and health records.
- Licensed Practical / Vocational Nurse (LPN / LVN).
- At least two years' experience in surgical procedures in a similar facility.
- Extensive experience in monitoring a broad range of medical conditions.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in medical-surgical.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.