Our client, a family owned business who is still serving Savannah after 60 years in the waste industry, is seeking a Business Office Operations Assistant. Our client is small enough to provide the service customers want, and large enough to handle residential, commercial, and roll-off waste.
If you are someone who enjoys interacting with drivers, customers, and working for a family owned business, this may the perfect opportunity. The position is in Savannah Georgia and hours are M-F 8:30 to 5:00 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for billing of customers
· Dispatches drivers using information of customer needs, driver’s locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and efficiency
- Entering daily tickets
- Assigns routes and service tickets to appropriate Drivers throughout the day and for the next day
- Handles incoming calls and e-mails from Operations, Customer Service and Sales department
- Initiates outbound calls to customers while drivers are on-site, resolving pick-up and other issues.
- Proactively troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and service issues before they result in service interruptions
- 1- 2 years of and customer service experience
- Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2-way devices
- Must have the desire and ability to learn proprietary software applications
- Must have proficiency using Microsoft Office specifically Outlook and Excel
- Ability to critically think
- Experience in the waste industry preferred
- HS Diploma or GED