The Sullivan Group HR is excited to announce an opening and great opportunity for the position of Payroll Tax and Compliance Manager!! The Sullivan Group HR, a privately-owned Human Resource outsource company, is the leading HR company in Savannah and Low Country. We offer competitive pay, 100% company paid health insurance, and a culture that promotes a work/life balance. The Sullivan Group HR values their employees and understands a happy and valued employee is a productive employee.
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer the Payroll Tax and Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring payroll tax accuracy and maintaining compliance with tax regulations for all Sullivan Group clients engaging in payroll activities. Maintains strong internal and external client relationships by addressing questions and escalations with accuracy, a sense of urgency, and professionalism. Demonstrates strong independent problem-solving skills.
1. Manages workflow, prepares & processes client tax payments to ensure that all payroll tax transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Maintain accurate ongoing client accounting reporting related to client funding for payroll tax liabilities.
3. Prepares and remits all client quarterly and annual payroll tax returns.
4. Subject matter expert/resource for the payroll team and external clients.
5. Works with federal and state taxing agencies and third parties to resolve client escalations.
6. Back up to CFO for processing ACH payments for client impound and direct deposits.
7. Assists with new client set-up and applying for tax withholding numbers when needed.
8. Assists clients and staff with report requests, system issues, and questions pertaining to payroll tax related topics.
9. Coordinates/processes all year end functions resulting in production of W2s, uploads to SSA, federal and state tax agencies as required by law.
10. Various other projects as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform duties:
1. Depth of experience in payroll/Tax fields (5 years preferred).
2. Knowledge of federal and state compliance laws.
3. Knowledge of filing federal and state required documents and reporting.
4. Good time management skills.
5. High standard skills of accuracy.
6. Strong verbal communication and listening skills required.
7. Possesses strong technical aptitude. Familiarity with MS Office Software Products, specifically for data entry and report generation, as well as the Internet.
8. Ability to work under timeline pressures and exercise diplomacy, tact, and good judgment.
9. Able to maintain confidential information.
10. Able to prioritize and organize responsibilities and daily activity.
11. Professional attitude and work ethic.
All potential candidates must pass pre-employment drug screen, skills assessments, reference, and criminal background check.
We are an EEO/AA Employer: Female/Minority/Veteran/Persons with Disability encouraged to apply.