The job involves welding and installation of various piping, plate and other structural materials. You must be able to work independently and with limited supervision. Quality workmanship / craftsmanship is a must to completing all assigned job task. Personal Safety standards established by CIC and or the Host Facility must be complied with to ensure your personal safety, fellow employees as well as Coastal Industrial Company, LLC.
- Welding– have a general knowledge of the general processes used in the welding trade as well as the tools used in the trade (hand and power tools as well as welding equipment set up).
- General knowledge of some types of welding processes of the AWS standard types of welding used in construction.
(Flux Cored – FCAW/FCAW-S, Gas Metal Arc – GMAW, Gas Tungsten Arc – GTAW, Plasma Arc PAW, Shielded Metal Arc – SMAW)
- Oxy / Acetylene Torch cutting
- Fire Watch and confined space monitor assignments as needed. (intense concentration for long periods)
- Operation of various types of construction equipment used to complete job task. (Forklifts, Aerial Lifts, Carrier Deck Cranes etc.)
- Rigging, flagging and operating overhead lift equipment (cranes and other mechanical lifts)
- Working at heights from ladders, scaffolds and aerial lifts (heights up to 100’)
- Staying informed on safe work practices as established by OSHA, CIC and Host Facility.
- Complete and prove competency in all required training by OSHA, CIC and Host Facility.
- Maintaining constant awareness of work practices that could impact the safety of CIC and Host Facility employees, as well as any host facility specific environmental hazards.
- Performing other duties as required
- Any job related qualifications such as certifications, certificates, equipment licensing and documentations of past work experience. (Employees will still have to attend all CIC job specific safety training.)
- Welder performance credentials / qualifications or experience references preferred but not required. (All welders will be asked to complete a welding performance test prior to hiring based on the type of welding technique or process to be performed during offered employment at CIC, LLC.)
- The ability to work long hours and perform heavy manual labor, including lifting (50 lbs or more), climbing, walking (up to 3 miles or more per day) and repetitive motion (Requires passing a pre-hire physical and drug screen)
- Communication skills, team player, organized, detail oriented, self starter and the ability to adjust to changing priorities
- The physical ability to adjust to changing weather and host facility conditions.
Insurance Opportunities – Major Medical / Supplemental
Accumulated Vacation Time
Overtime when available
Email Resume to CICapplicants@gmail.com or call
(912) 832 – 2161, Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 4:30.